DISCOVER PORT NEILL
Port Neill Services
Local shop opens 8.30am – 5.15pm Monday-Friday and 8.30am – 1pm Weekends. Check the hours as it usually opens longer during the Summer holidays.
- Port Neill Hotel (overlooking Jetty) serves lunches / dinner 7 days a week.
- Jill & Vic Fauser’s Private Museum – Open Daily.
- Art Gallery and Op Shop – Open Monday’s and Wednesday’s – see flyer at end of book.
- Library at Port Neill Hall every Friday 2-4pm
- Uniting Church (Wallis St). 10AM Sunday Service. Check Noticeboard in front of Church.
- You can rent DVD’s from the Caravan Park Kiosk.
- Public internet is available at Tumby Bay, Cleve and Cowell Libraries located in the Area Schools. Internet also available at Cafe by the Beach in Tumby Bay.
- Telstra and Optus have NextG wireless coverage across all towns in the Eyre Peninsula if you have access to a pre or post-paid wireless modem.
Local Sporting Facilities
- Tennis courts – can play anytime. Locals usually play Friday nights.
- Skate park (behind tennis courts) and Playground on beach for the kids.
- Bowls Club (opposite pub). Don’t forget Thursday night at the Bowl’s Club!
- Golf Course – 18 hole. Club house open April – October. Can play anytime. Along North Coast Road (first Road on Right when you come into town)
- Oval – Local Footy / Netball matches some Saturday mornings during Winter. Local cricket in summer months.
- Port Lincoln is the main town in the Eyre Peninsula.
- It is 70 Km or 50 minute drive from Port Neill and has an excellent Visitor Information Centre as well as most big shops (Target, Kmart, Coles, Woolworths), cafes, hotels, museums, and a great hospital.
Other Towns Near Port Neill
- Arno Bay is 35 km (25 min drive) towards Port Augusta. Famous for its huge Arno Burger if you are feeling hungry! Also has a great Mangrove Board Walk.
- Tumby Bay is 35 km (25 min drive) towards Port Lincoln. This has a good IGA, supermarket, Bakery, Cafe on the beach, Chemist, Hospital to name a few.
- Tumby Bay Hotel offers $8- Senior Lunches daily from 12-2PM.
- Cleve is inland – turn off near Arno Bay, and it’s half an hour inland.
Ideas for your Eyre Peninsula Holiday
- Great fishing off the jetty or beach with a Charter Company
- Lookout and walks along the beach where you will find safe swimming areas for children
- Beaches close by include Back Beach (for Surfers), Surfers Beach, Brynes Beach, Carrow Wells Beach and Cowleys Beach
- Check out the Seafood or Oyster Trail.
- Glen Forest Tourist Park (15km out of Port Lincoln)
- Koppio Smithy Museum (40km Nth of Port Lincoln)
- Axel Stenross Maritime Museum (Port Lincoln)
- Visit one of the many National Parks around Eyre Peninsula.